Thanks to the hard work from our vendors and the GTA team, we are moving according to schedule with our migration to Drupal with finalized templates and color choices for our state agency web sites.
Our timeline plans include:
- Early to mid April 2012 - Alpha Round starting with 5-10 websites. This round will take longer than usual, with special care and attention to make sure everything goes well.
- May 2012 - Migrating round 1 of Vignette 7 websites
- June 2012 - Migrating round 2 of Vignette 7 websites
- July 2012 - Migrating round 1 of Vignette 6 websites; retiring Vignette 7 CMS
- August 2012 - Migrating round 2 of Vignette 6 websites
- September 2012 - Additional round (if necessary)
Based on the above timeline, we will schedule meetings with each of your site’s business owners to help us coordinate your web site’s migration and redesign. If you haven’t already provided the name of the person who is responsible for making such decisions for your agency’s web site and who can help us coordinate your migration to the new content management system, please reply to Pooja [dot] Berronggta [dot] ga [dot] gov with the person’s name and contact information.
Which round will your site be migrated? Keep reading…
Come to Drupal Day!
Mark your calendars for Thursday, February 23 - we will be hosting Drupal Day, an all-day open-house event to learn about our new CMS, Drupal. Meet our vendors, grab free swag, and learn how Drupal is improving state and federal government from our Phase2 vendor Executive Vice President, Andre Hood.
We will also be unveiling the new looks for the state agency websites, and letting you know what round we will be migrating your site. You can play with the new CMS and ask any questions you may have about it and the migration.
Keep an eye out for your invitation in the next coming weeks. Seating is limited so register early.
Please don't hesitate to contact us. We’d be happy to schedule time to address any questions or concerns.